Wednesday, July 22, 2009

zoo-per doo-per

I have fond memories of going to Utah's Hogle Zoo when I was younger, so I was excited to take my kids this summer and share the experience with them.

This time around we went to the bird show they have daily. After the show the audience members get the opportunity to donate a bill [of any dollarly increment] to a bird and the bird will put it in through the slot in the box to help with the zoo's program fundraiser. How cool is that! We're suckers for cool photo ops like this [and clearly, helping the birds].

1 comment:

Jayci said...

feeeeeed the biiirrrrds... feeeed the biiiirrrds. Marry Poppin's bench-lady would be so proud. :o) I just looked up the lyrics from the song and here they are. Very appropriate!

Come, buy my bags full of crumbs;
Come feed the little birds,
Show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do
Their young ones are hungry
Their nests are so bare
All it takes is tuppence from you
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag
Feed the birds," that's what she cries

So proud! :oD