Thursday, August 13, 2009

no more tangles

I live vicariously through my daughter and her long hair, since mine isn't that long [yet]. But the tangles this girl manages to get in her hair overnight were just too much! We were considering cutting it to ease the tears that came from brushing.

I remember how much tangles hurt when you're little. My mom would use a product called No More Tangles. I would hold the bottle and look at the little blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl with the little tear-drop falling off the lettering. No More Tangles sure made the whole detangling process more bearable then...which is exactly what I needed for my daughter now.

That was way back in the 80s, surely there was a similar product today. Sure enough, a strawberry-scented detangling product of the same name, just different packaging, was easily spotted at our local Walmart. [Here's a visual from Amazon.]

I still get a few protests while brushing her hair, but if she's distracted with a good conversation she hardly notices the "ouchies."

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I remember "No more tangles!"

Best of luck to you and Sydney!

by M said...

Amy, hello! Just saw your comment on my giveaway and just wanted to say nice to meet you and thank you for visiting my blog. Love meeting new people through this blogging world. Will now go and browse your blog!