Monday, August 3, 2009

peanut butter chocolate goodness

We celebrated a birthday in our house recently with these little numbers... A very nice substitute to The Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakeshop's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake.

I'll admit, I used a cake mix for the cupcakes...I usually opt for an easy, yummy cake mix. I did, however, spend a good portion of the day making NieNie's Mud Cake Magnifique (not knowing if it would really turn out or not) from scratch.

I would make the cupcakes again in a heartbeat. The NieNie cake was a little much: time-wise and bittersweet chocolate-wise. But serve it up with some vanilla icecream and a smile, and it still ended up a crowd-pleaser even with the "mishaps" I seemed to encounter with it's creation.

For your own PB & Chocolate Goodness...
1) Make chocolate cupcakes
2) Make peanut butter frosting [recipe below]
3) Crush Reeses peanut butter cups for the topping

Peanut Butter Frosting
courtesy of BHG, submitted by Judith A. Janowski, 2007
In a medium mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup peanut butter; 1/2 cup butter, softened; 1 tablespoon milk; and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating until combined. If necessary, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons additional milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

1 comment:

Jayci said...

anything with Reese's and I'm a fan.. :) wish I were your neighbor so I could have invited myself over! ha ha