Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the sundance scene

Maria von Trapp has her Alps, and I have my Sundance. I spent many a day playing, working, and breaking hearts in the shadow of Mount Timpanogos. There are so many great things about this place...the beauty, the romance, the restaurants, the year-round activities and entertainment, the art programs, and most obviously the mountain sports-summer and winter.

If you're not up for the sports venue, but still would like to take in the view, Sundance offers scenic lift rides in the summer and fall. You have the option to just sit and ride the lift, taking in the splendor all around you, or if you're feeling up for a little exercise you can get off at the top and hike over to Stewart Falls and back and just ride the lift back to the base.

The scenic ride can be shared with family, friends, or, for a more "romantic" ride, that special someone in your life.

Before you go, stop by the Sundance Grocery Deli for a sucker [in the summer] or hot chocolate [in the fall] to enjoy while you take your scenic lift ride.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I couldn't agree more with this post. I Heart Sundance!

Chelsea said...

I tried to "star-gaze"... my only star was Roger Ebert. one thumb up...

Amy said...

Did you give him the thumbs up? If it makes you feel any better, he was probably the only celeb I didn't see there. ;)