Friday, October 9, 2009

stocked up

It seems these handy dandy caramel wraps are only a seasonal item where I live. I wasn't even able to locate them last year...so you can imagine my reaction as I turned the aisle past the pumpkins and saw a boxful of these babies right where they're supposed to be [at all times].

I think I may have cheered. And then I proceeded to fill my cart. Trust me, I wanted to buy them all, but I settled for 15. That's 75 gourmet caramel apples waiting to be made.

Why do I need 75, well, now 70 (made a batch a couple weeks ago)? Let's just say it has to do with a special kind of day celebrated the world round. And these in all their gourmet-ness are an awesome little goodie to give and receive. And did I mention this is the absolute easiest way to do caramel apples with pretty much a guaranteed no-fail result?

Stay tuned for gourmet apple ideas that you can use over the next few months.

4 comments:

J and C said...

I am totally looking forward to the apple ideas, there are such fun beautiful things to be done!

And please feel free to link the article! I am totally flattered!

Chelsea said...

Awwww I'm going to miss Amy's delicious apple treats this year! At least I can salivate from this picture....

Jeralyn said...

When can I be expecting mine?

Leslie said...

How FUNNY!! I totally stocked up too when I saw them (granted, I didn't buy 15 of them! :) I always make a bunch for Thanksgiving - use them as place settings (w/ a name tag hanging off the stick). But we're not going to be here for thanksgiving - but I still have to make some for ourselves and neighbors :) I love you Christmas treats and VT treats :) yummm!!! Look forward to your post!!!