Monday, November 16, 2009

happy

I thought a cloth happy birthday banner would be a fun addition to birthdays to come. I made the "birthday" banner [not pictured] separate, I thought this would give me options when it came to stringing it up. I tried to make it a general neutral banner, so we could just break it out for anyone's birthday. My fabric options are limited here, so this was what I came up with.

The banner was fairly simple to make. Now that I've made one, it would be easy to duplicate and make improvements. I made it so the backside could just be displayed for other special occassions like a welcome home or congrats; I just didn't add letters.

If you do attempt to make your own, the advice I would give you is to make it so it can serve dual occassions; and also to get that perfect isosceles triangle draw it up in word or your publishing program of choice.

Enjoy it for years to come!

4 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Hi!
I just found your blog and am enjoying going through it. I love to make banners too. I just made one for my 4 yr old's bday. Of course she wanted all shades of pink!
The apples look YUM - I may have to try those!
Thanks,
LL

Jayci said...

wow i love that! i love how crafty you are. :) so cute!

JoMama said...

I love your fabric choices, very cute!

Julianne said...

So, what are the letters made out of?