Tuesday, September 21, 2010

crush[es]

I believe as I was growing up, I always had a crush. Crushes were fun for me; there was no commitment...mostly because my crushes didn't even know I existed...like Pierce here.

He was probably my first crush. And I had to be young because I barely remember and Remington Steele aired from 1982-1987 [this I know, thanks to googling]. I do have vague recollections of this crush, the knowledge that I've always found Pierce easy on the eyes, and my sister's reminding me of how much I loved him when I was younger to prove that this crush did in fact exist.
Oh, Harrison! I think that's all that needs to be said. He was pretty much a constant in my life once I saw him as Indy. His role as Jack Ryan in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger solidified a place in my heart for him-for pretty much ever. And yes, The Fugitive. I believe I watched that one like a kazillion times.
This may come as a surprise. Patrick Stewart. But I loved him. I'd watch Star Trek: The Next Generation, reruns and all, just to catch a glimpse of him as Jean Luc. And considering I was in high school at the time, I think this one genuinely classifies as my ultimate old man crush.
And then there was Colin. Yes, it was his role as Mr. Darcy that brought him to my attention while I was in college. Let's just say that he totally nailed the role because I know I wasn't the only girl to recognize him.
I know these are but a few past celebrity crushes I've had. Probably the most relevant, since I posted them. The list could go on though: David James Elliott, John Michael Montgomery, John Paul Gosselaar, Bryon Russell, Ben Affleck [had his Armageddon poster], Sully from Dr. Quinn, and those are just the celebrities. Whew! [I was a little boy crazy]

{And clearly I don't take credit for the images...and can't exactly recall where I found them.}

No comments: